When you submit personal information to apply for our Services, and each time you use our Services, you are indicating your acknowledgement and consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you collected through our Services as set forth in this Policy. We may revise this Policy without advance notice to you, but we will let you know of any changes by posting a revised Policy on our website with a new effective date. If you do not accept the terms outlined in this Policy or a revised Policy, please do not use our Services.
We collect personal information about you that you provide while using our Services, including the application process and usage of our online platform. For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your date of birth
- Your home address and telephone number
- Your social security number
- Your employment and income information
- Credentials for and information from third party sites
You can review and edit some of your personal information at any time by logging into our website.
We collect information about you:
- When you register on our website, use our website or apply for a loan or to be an investor; from your transactions, including your security purchases, repayments, account funding and withdrawals; and from your communications with us;
- From third parties such as credit bureaus, identity verification services and other public records or websites; and
- From third parties who are participating in vouching, co-signing or group loan activities.
We may use and disclose your personal information that is collected through our Services in accordance with applicable law and the privacy notice, where appropriate, which uses may include:
- Providing and managing Services you have requested;
- Verifying your identity and authenticating you;
- Protecting against fraud or security threats, and otherwise managing risks;
- Communicating with you regarding services that may be of interest;
- Evaluating and improving our website and other offerings;
- Tailoring our services and otherwise enhancing the customer experience;
- Satisfying legal or regulatory requirements or law enforcement requests; and
- As permitted by applicable law.
We may use and disclose your personal information that is collected through our Services to run our everyday business and in accordance with applicable law. We do not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with any third-party other than as described below. We may share your information with:
- Any investor who purchases your loan from us;
- Agents and service providers who help us with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, servicing activities, bill collection, marketing and technology services;
- Consumer reporting agencies to which we report that status of your account with us;
- Business partners that offer other financial products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties as required by law and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, regulatory request or other legal process; and
- Other third parties but only if you consent or direct us to do so.
To help operate our website, enhance your experience, and collect information about online activity, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects or other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize our website and Services for you. These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, measure and analyze how you use our website and the effectiveness of our communications, offer services, and help us improve our services and security.
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online Services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online Services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags, or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our website and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online Services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local shared objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies,” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local shared objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation but may not be managed in your browser in the same way. For more information on managing local shared objects, click here.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable these technologies. If you choose to reject cookies or similar technologies, some Services may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your browser’s help pages for assistance with changing your settings.
We do not respond to “do not track” signals from your browser at this time. To learn more about how “do not track” works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use security controls to protect against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction, disclosure, loss or theft of your personal information in our custody or control.
We do not knowingly solicit from, and the Services are not intended for, children under 18 years old, and children under 18 should not provide personal information online. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files.
To opt-out of emails or any other electronic communications that are not related to a loan that you have received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will automatically remove you from any communications lists
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com